1753865 Members
7471 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion

Version control issue

Steven Schulze
Occasional Contributor

Version control issue

Is there any how to guide dedicated exclusively to the configuration and troubleshooting of the Version Control Agent? I'm receiving a "The Version Control Agent encountered an error while obtaining the software and firmware inventory." error on a couple, but not all servers. In the log, the errors listed are a) the above message and b)"An error occurred while performing an operating system specific operation".

This works for about half of our servers, the VCA agent that is. All hardware is DL36X's and DL38X's of many different generations. All servers run Server 2003.
1 REPLY 1
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Version control issue

Not sure what's there specifically for troubleshooting the VCA.
For ease of management I have a local account on the VCRM server that I use for access rather than a domain account. It seemed to work better - may not be the case now.

Also, you can use the replicate settings feature of HPSIM, you might just want to try that and replicate settings from a working server to a non-working server.

The Trust also needs to be working between server and the HPSIM Server. Again, that can be replicated.