cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow searches and high memory/cpu utilization on mxdomainmgr.exe

blockhead
Advisor

Very slow searches and high memory/cpu utilization on mxdomainmgr.exe

Since upgrading to SIM 5.1 SP1 we are getting verrrry slow reponse time when I use the "search" box and also when generating reports. Everything else seems to be working fine. It takes as much as 15 seconds to get a response on my search. I run SQL on a seperate system 4-way 580G2 with 4GB memory SQL2000 SP5, and my management server is a 380G3 dual CPU Intel Xeon 2800 also with 4GB of memory, solely dedicated to SIM console. I monitor about 900 servers, 25% of which are VM guests. As you can see I have sufficient hardware. I've noticed that the mxdomainmgr.exe process consistently uses 750MB of memory and frequentlyu spikes to 60% CPU. Is there anything that can be done on the DB side that could help the queries run faster? Any explanation why this mxdomainmgr process would be using so much memory and CPU?

I found some posts about editing the globalsettings.props file as well as changing the hpvmm.conf file. I DO NOT have the "send authentication trap" enabled in my SNMP service either.

Any help would be appreciated.