Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753905 Members
10031 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: WBEM - HP SIM - send events via email

NMJR

WBEM - HP SIM - send events via email

I have about 100 servers that are configured to use SNMP with SIM and send events such as hardware failure, disk thresholds, etc. The SNMP traps are sent to the SIM server which is configured to send alerts via emai, all of that works just fine. I just started looking at WBEM and was able to configure one server using it. This same server does not have SNMP configured. Now when an alert triggers such as a hardware failure will SIM still send emails or does the email notifications only work with SNMP. I see that WBEM creates an event in SIM, but that event does not get forwarded via email. Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

have you checked the automatic task settings, maybe it's set to only send critical events and you have'nt generated any criticals yet from wbem ?

Peter Stringer
Regular Advisor

We have the same problem. I have set up the tasks properly, i.e when we get a disk failure and email gets sent to Tech support. The hardware issues get logged in HP SIM but not emailed.

When I log into the system management hompage of the server concerned, suddenly we get emails flowing?

any ideas??
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

personally i would not use wbem and prefer to use snmp, wbem has some restrictions and oddities in hp sim (set data source to snmp in smh)

good luck

NMJR

It works for me now. What I did differently was I pushed the wbem agents from the SIM server and configure it to subscribe to events with the wizard. It would not work for me when I installed the wbem agents from the PSP CD and then subscribed using SIM. Not sure why but it works now.