5683 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: WBEM hangs on discovery or identification

DBrune
Advisor

WBEM hangs on discovery or identification

Good morning!

In today's edition of Mysterious SIM Malady we have an installation that hangs on WBEM during Discovery or Indentification.  I am running SIM/IC 7.1 on a VM running 2008R2.  I've tried restarting the WBEM services and repairing the Pegasus WMI mapper.  I have attached the task where it sits until it times out and the error.

Help me, help me (in a squeaky little voice)

8 REPLIES 8
Aasim
HPE Pro

Hi

As I understand when you run discovery or identification of system it hangs and times out.

>Could you let me know the which version of WBEM is installed?

>Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling WBEM?

>Is the the client machine a Linux or a Windows machine?

>Did you check if the port 5989 and 5988 is open? (5989 port is used by WEBEM) check on

the target machine?

>Try telnet IPtargetserver 5989?

>Did you try discovering by switching off the firewall and then tried running identification of the target server in HP SIM

>Were you able to discover the server using the SNMP protocol if its succssfully

discovered did you check under maangement protocol if WEBEM is listed in SIM for that particular server?

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
DBrune
Advisor

>Could you let me know the which version of WBEM is installed? On the CMS?  The version that came with 7.1

>Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling WBEM? Yes

>Is the the client machine a Linux or a Windows machine? Windows

>Did you check if the port 5989 and 5988 is open? (5989 port is used by WEBEM) check on

the target machine? Yes.  The firewall is open right now

>Try telnet IPtargetserver 5989?  Yes.  It was successful.

>Did you try discovering by switching off the firewall and then tried running identification of the target server in HP SIM  Firewall is open right now

>Were you able to discover the server using the SNMP protocol if its succssfully SNMP is not installed on the server yet.

discovered did you check under maangement protocol if WEBEM is listed in SIM for that particular server?  The WMI mapper is located on the CMS, I'm not sure what you mean.  It's a DL360 G7 running Windows 2008R2

It is hanging on WBEM for all server discoveries.  The only thing that it has successfully discovered is an MSA.

Aasim
HPE Pro

Hi

Is this a new SIM installation 7.1?

Correct me if I am wrong, you mean all the client servers trying to get discovered by SIM stops responding at WEBEM

Can you try install SNMP on client server and then try discover in SIM, just to isolate the probelm?

In the meanwhile

Share the simcapture log file if possible by running the command

C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\lbin\simcapture.bat

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
DBrune
Advisor

Yes, I mean that when I am identifying servers (or MSAs or whatever) the task will time out on WBEM.  I ran a discovery on MSA controllers, and the WBEM hung there too, resulting in a semi-discovered state.   Thank you for pointing me to the batch file, I'm attaching the file it generated.

Thank you very much for your assistance!

min-hua-liang
Super Advisor

I also have this problem. My physical server is DL980G7, vmware platform is esxi 4.1, and sim is installed on vm 2008 x64. Wbem works fine while discovering other esxi physical server, but it hangs while discovering this DL980G7...Have you solved your problem?

DBrune
Advisor

We did manage to solve the problem here.  A colleague ran the same identification task that I had performed many times successfully, the only difference being that he was logged on with the SIM service account when he ran identification and I had always been logged in to SIM as myself.  I'm not sure why that would make any difference at all, but it did.

min-hua-liang
Super Advisor

what's SIM SERVICE ACCOUNT? I open sim web browser and log in as os administrator.    

DBrune
Advisor

The service account is the administrator-level account that SIM uses to access our servers, itself, and the database.