cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBEM locking out user account

cybercoaster
Frequent Advisor

WBEM locking out user account

I am installing SIM 5 sp5 to monitor several systems ranging from HPUX, RED HAT and Windows. On the Windows boxes, my user account was getting locked out after changing the password on the clients. I tracked it down to be the WEBM account trying to log on with the old password.

Whats the norm when configuring WEBM? Creating a new account on each client for WEBM to use? Can you do this from SIM? What do I lose when I disable WEBM?

Thanks
3 REPLIES
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: WBEM locking out user account

WBEM adds no value to managing a ProLiant server. It's an important component to gathering information from virtual machines (so an additional agent doesn't have to be put on all of them) and is also the preferred method of management communication for HP-UX 11i.
cybercoaster
Frequent Advisor

Since I have VMWare machines and HPUX machines, what componet do I install on these to manage without the need for WEBEM?
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I use wbem for monitoring Virtual guest servers.
I enabled wbem globally but leave the credentials blank.
I then set wbem manually for each server using the server specific commands.

To help management of this I've also created a batch file that uses the mxnodesecurity command. E.g. for each server you want to add or update with a password change have a line like;

mxnodesecurity.exe -a -p wbem -c domain\username:password -n mymachine.mycompany.com