1752716 Members
5551 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Warning Event "HP Virtual Partition Configuration" after 5.3 Update

MattLavallee2
Frequent Advisor

Getting the same issue myself. Strangely enough, it did pick up the VMs in our Hyper-V environment, but I'm getting the error on VM hosts and physical servers (not the VMs themselves).

I couldn't find any documentation on the HP Virtual Partition WBEM Instrumentation either.
swsadmin

Hello,

I got a lot of the same Messages, also from Physical Windows Servers.

I think the Virtual Partition Message is from the HPUX Virtual Partition Manager.
(Configure > Partition Management)

But I do not have any HPUX.

Armin
brian hintz

I have been receiving these messages since 5.3 was installed late last week. I found an option to uncheck support for HP-UX inside SIM.

Under Options > Managed Environment, uncheck HP-UX

Don't know if this will work yet but it's worth a shot.
Frank Schray

I also started receiving these messages with the update to 5.3. They only appear on half of our physical boxes. HP-UX is not enabled.
Currently I have disabled WBEM and they appear to have stopped. I need WBEM so I am hoping there is another answer.
Marco Gubitzer
Occasional Advisor

Deactivated the HP-UX-Option, no change. The "old" "HP Virtual Partition Configuration"-warnings also still can't be deleted.
I think, it would be time for anyone at HP to answer in this thread, because it seems, that there are a lot of people experiencing the same problem with SIM 5.3
Sebastian.Koehler
Honored Contributor

I was able to resolve the "HP Virtual Partition Configuration" warning by rebooting that one affected ESX host some days ago. Since the last cold boot event, no further warnings has been reported to HP SIM and everything is green. So I guess it might be caused by an issue in the Pegasus CIMOM on that host. We're running VMWare ESX 3.5 Update 3 (build 130756).

Kind regards,
Sebastian
Frank Schray

I disabled WBEM in Global Protocol settings last Thursday. I enabled WBEM Friday afternoon. I have not received any errors since I enabled WBEM. I have made no other changes so in my case just disabling and enabling WBEM stopped the errors.
Mark Weidinger
Visitor

Anyone find a solution to this one? We upgraded to 5.3 late last week and I came in to 600+ emails this morning with this alert.

Thanks
David Rabahy 1
Advisor

I had a flurry of these at first right after the SIM 5.3 upgrade and then I think maybe upgrading to SMH 3.0.0.64 might have stopped them? Anywho, however they stopped, I couldn't delete them. Turns out there is a way using SQL Server Management Studio Express http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C243A5AE-4BD1-4E3D-94B8-5A0F62BF7796&displaylang=en. Just be very careful not to delete the discovered systems events.
Frank Schray

I just disabled WBEM for one night and when I enabled it again the errors stopped.