1748181 Members
3658 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Warning Event "HP Virtual Partition Configuration" after 5.3 Update

Mark Weidinger
Visitor

Re: Warning Event "HP Virtual Partition Configuration" after 5.3 Update

I disabled WBEM and the re-enabled it and that had no effect. I will go ahead and disable it and let it sit overnight that way and check it out in the morning. Thanks.
grvnetteam
Advisor

We had the same issue with our ML370 G3. After reading some threads about this, I followed the diasble WBEM, wait a day, and re-enable. I then allowed SIM to run an Identification and Data Collection against it, and no more errors.

I hope this helps.
J├╝rgen B├╝chs
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

I'm also getting these kind of events from servers, which are neigher a VM host nor virtual server.

Is there a solution and how can the existing events be cleaned up using MS SQL Server Management Studio Express?

Thanks
NMCI Group
Advisor

I am also seeing these events since upgrading to 5.3. I seem to be getting these events from all of my HPUX servers. I would like to not have to disable WBEM since I rely on it for my hardware events. Is there another solution to this one HP?
H. Sch├╢bel
Advisor

I think i solved the problem with installing (updateing) the latest WMI-Mapper on CMS-Server. You can found here: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=MTX-e821d8f5efc54e34b51ed9f69f
Can anyone proof this ?
Marco Gubitzer
Occasional Advisor

Already installed the new WMI-Mapper, no change in behavior. DOes anybody know, how to delete these pending events, they are annoying...
H. Sch├╢bel
Advisor

Ok, second part of my changes was installing HPSHM 3 - the new Version of Systems Management Homepage on ALL my managed servers. Perhaps THIS was the solution... Can you try and report ?
Marco Gubitzer
Occasional Advisor

Sorry, I can't confirm this. Installed SMH 3.0 on 2 machines, no change in behavior. Any more suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Robin Fuller
Advisor

Haven't seen anyone complain in a while, so I might as well. I see it only from windows 2003 servers, not Linux.

Is everyone happy with the "disable WBEM" and "reenable WBEM" after a day?
Paula Nelsen

I tried it over the weekend, and I STILL get the "HP Virtual Partition" events.