After updating my Insight to 5.3 i get an Warning Event like this:

Event Identification and Details

Event Severity: Warning
Cleared Status: Not cleared
Event Source: HP Systems Insight Manager
Associated System: xxxxxxxx
Associated System Status: Normal
Event Time: Mo, 26.01.2009, 09:58 CET
Description: If this system is not being identified as HP Virtual Partition or not correctly associated to its host, please ensure that HP Virtual Partition WBEM instrumentation is properly installed and running before re-identify the system to fix this problem.

after any restart AND any identification in Insight. Therefore i had to disable the daily identify-task...

How can i disable these Messages ? What is "HP Virtual Partition WBEM instrumentation" ? Our platform ist Windows Server 2003.

Any help please.
54 REPLIES 54
Sebastian.Koehler
Honored Contributor

Re: Warning Event "HP Virtual Partition Configuration" after 5.3 Update

Got the same issue on one of our VMWare ESX 3.5 U3 hosts. Would be nice what might cause the issue? (WBEM, Pegasus SMI-S provider etc.) Two identical ESX hosts work fine. Our CMS is now at version HPSIM 5.3 on RHEL5.

Regards,
Sebastian
James D. Young
Frequent Advisor

I have the same problem, every server caused an email as stated. I had to disable the Daily task as well to get it to stop. This has to be new since i just updated to 5.3 when i started getting this.
Marco Gubitzer
Occasional Advisor

Hi,
same problem here after updating SIM to version 5.3. The problem concerns all sort of servers, not only VMware. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

M. Gubitzer
Sebastian.Koehler
Honored Contributor

Can you confirm Java error messages in mxdomainmgr.0.log and mxinventory.0.log?
Marco Gubitzer
Occasional Advisor

Sorry, no Java-errors in the logs here. Only the "HP Virtual Partition Configuration" warnings in SIM console, which can only be cleared, but not be deleted, because they "are in a pending state"...
JasonWoerner
Frequent Advisor

Same error for me, only appearing on the CMS after the 5.3 installation. Are we to assume this message is entirely bogus? I don't know what an HP Virtual Partition is.
Sebastian.Koehler
Honored Contributor

An "Virtual Partition" describes all HP SIM supported virtualization platforms support like VMWare, HPVM, Xen.

I think there is a reason for this, cause the issue does not affect all our ESX hosts. This one host had problems before the upgrade to 5.3. It's plattform was reported wrong and no VMs where found on it.
James D. Young
Frequent Advisor

Virtual would imply some sort of virtual environment on the box it is reporting about. But most of these are regular servers not even inside a hypervisor. My ESX environment is only about 20% of the servers inside Insight manager.
Marco Gubitzer
Occasional Advisor

In my case, these messages only appear for real servers and can't be deleted, because they are in a pending state. The ESX-Servers don't show these events.