1753814 Members
7868 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Warranty Collection Frustration

Rancher
Honored Contributor

Warranty Collection Frustration

All of a sudden my warranty collection task is failing. We have made no changes to the network and I have made no changes to the SIMS server. The Remote Support Software Manager passes all connectivity tests. The OSEM also has no problems. When submit a test event through the Remote Support COnfiguration and Services, it fails, which doesn't make sense to me. WHen I try to collect warranty data I receive the following :

There was no response from the Service Essentials Remote Support Pack client and
/or the remote entitlement service at hp.com. Verify the Service Essentials Remo
te Support Pack client service is running, properly configured and that the HP S
IM server has access to the internet.

I have not been able to fix this issue.

2 REPLIES 2
MLeeper
Occasional Advisor

I'm having the exact same problem. Also, when I try to install SIM on a new DL380 G5 Windows 2003 R2 SP2 64-bit server, the install of RSSM fails during the registration process. Reinstalling fails every time.

Anyone have any suggestions.
Rancher
Honored Contributor

It is nice to see that I am not the only one. I even rolled back the Microsoft updates I did the month it started to fail, but that did not fix it either. Every other reporting piece works!