Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We don't use ILO, how do we disable ILO alerts in HP SIM?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bill Kew
Occasional Visitor

We don't use ILO, how do we disable ILO alerts in HP SIM?

The ILO network port does not have a cable connected. This is resulting in a Health Status: Major error. Embedded, Management Processor, Link Status Failed.
5 REPLIES
Rancher
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: We don't use ILO, how do we disable ILO alerts in HP SIM?

Log onto the server and go to Start, Control Panel, HP Management Agents. Remove Remote Insight Information from the Active Agents to the Inactive Agents. Then restart the service.
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

This solution if directly into the server ,you can program(HP SIM)to ignore(or delete)the messages that comes from every ilo that you have in you're sims server, to clear or delete message that come from you're ILO,this is easy if you have over 200 item on you're network if you less thee the first proposition is the answer.

Dan
mark q
Regular Advisor

how do you program insight manager to ignore events of this nature? I don't want alerts for stuff like this.
karaseke
Frequent Visitor

try to use Method 2: Disabling iLO from the ROM-Based Setup Utility (RBSU)

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?&objectID=c01038585

jhns
Visitor

If you remove the "Remote Insight Information" don't you lose thermal and other information also? I have a similar problem. I'm running SIM 7.3 and I have a management Processor Failed because the iLO is not connected at this time. We are using Avocent on this particular server and I really would like to make this alarm go away. I have several servers using Avocent while the majority of our servers are using iLO. Thanks for any help or info given.