1753813 Members
8045 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: What are the fixes in SIM 6.2

Jason Salgado
Regular Advisor

What are the fixes in SIM 6.2

I'm still running SIM 6.0. I'm waiting to find out if they fixed the memory leak problem in a new version before doing an upgrade. It seems like HP is releasing a new version every month now to fix issues with previous versions.

I'm hesitant to try and upgrade since there are already people that have blown out a previous install.... again.
2 REPLIES 2
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

not sure of the fixes, but 6.2 is running well here.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Releases dedicated exclusively to correcting previously reported issues are typically packaged up as Service Packs. Any time you see a release with and X.Y numbering scheme, there's a driving factor beyond corrections. You can see this for yourself in the release notes for HP SIM, but the major driving factor was the support of the new Integrity i2 blade servers announced earlier this year that recently started shipping, along with updates to HP SUM integration and the new capability to update Virtual Connect firmware and others.

As always, in addition to new features driving releases, platform/OS/hypervisor support can be a driver, updating open-source enabling components that may have security enhancements/fixes, and then a rollup of as many corrections as possible that had been deferred from previous releases or discovered anew.