HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the proper ports with Windows 2003?

What are the proper ports with Windows 2003?

Alright, I'm getting frustrated with this topic... many entries but no solutions, that I can find...
I have SIM in a remote site attempting to connect to various servers remotely...
Remotely, I have several Win2K3 servers, firewalled with ports open for 280, 2301, 2381, 5988, 5989 (for Wbem), SSH, etc. and SIM does NOT collect data; it either cannot connect or tells me that there are no instrumentation agents installed or the system is inaccessible via "some protocol, check configuration". If I turn the Windows firewall off, ALLL WORKS FINE, if I enable it, SIM cannot connect even with all the above ports enabled. Where in the HECK can I find the right ports to open to make SIM work???? I want no more open than necessary so can SOMEONE reference a SIM port list that actually works properly???
Thanks.
3 REPLIES
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What are the proper ports with Windows 2003?

kc2kth
Frequent Advisor

Andrew,

You mention some ports and "etc", but I still have to ask. Did you allow snmp through the firewall? My understanding is you need snmp (161/udp) from the CMS to the device(s) and snmptrap (162/udp) from the device(s) back to the CMS. While I haven't been able to get VCS configured/working through a firewall, I am collecting data with a config similar to yours (I did not enable 280, 5988, 5989, or 22 for example).

kc2kth; Yes sorry... ETC. is not quite appropriate when asking for help. :)

Yes. All the recommended ports are enabled, including SMTP. I even installed the WMIMapper on one of the remotes to see if that helped. It didn't.

Albert, thanks for the link, that was very helpful but I have it configured just as the doc recommends.

I do show firewall blocks for C:\WINDOWS\system32\CPQMgmt\CqMgHost\cqmghost.exe but the UDP ports are always different.