Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is opinions on using HPSIM to monitor HPUX systems?

Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

What is opinions on using HPSIM to monitor HPUX systems?

Hi all:

Working with HPSIM C.05.00.01.01 with the CMS of WIN 2003 Server SP1

To begin, I am more into the UNIX side of the house so I may be missing something on the CMS as a WIN server, but I have having all kinds of trouble getting HPSIM to provide accurate & consistent info for HPUX systems.

I have HPUX 11.11 & 11.23 on RISC and ia-64 systems. I have the SysFaultMgmt installed, the LVMProvider installed, the WBEM installed, etc.

What I am looking for is anyone out there using HPSIM to monitor HPUX systems? What is your opinion?

To be honest, I do not believe the HPSIM is ready for prime time to watch the HPUX.

Anybody else? What is/are your pros/cons?

2 REPLIES
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

Re: What is opinions on using HPSIM to monitor HPUX systems?

Any takers?

David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: What is opinions on using HPSIM to monitor HPUX systems?

The forum audience here tends to skew to the Windows audience, although HP-UX SIM users are popping in here more and more. You might want to pose your question on the HP-UX Administration forum for a wider audience. Downloads of HP SIM for HP-UX have been growing lately and a recent meeting of the HP-UX Ambasaadors (members of the HP technical community who specialize in HP-UX) from around the world indicated that about half of their customers were using it.

HP SIM on HP-UX is a rather mature product, with much of its code based on the previous HP Servicecontrol Manager product. Additionally, many new capabilities for HP-UX are being designed around HP SIM, such as the Global Workload Manager and the manager for the Virtual Server Environment.