Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753304 Members
6403 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

What is opinions on using HPSIM to monitor HPUX systems?

Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

What is opinions on using HPSIM to monitor HPUX systems?

Hi all:

Working with HPSIM C.05.00.01.01 with the CMS of WIN 2003 Server SP1

To begin, I am more into the UNIX side of the house so I may be missing something on the CMS as a WIN server, but I have having all kinds of trouble getting HPSIM to provide accurate & consistent info for HPUX systems.

I have HPUX 11.11 & 11.23 on RISC and ia-64 systems. I have the SysFaultMgmt installed, the LVMProvider installed, the WBEM installed, etc.

What I am looking for is anyone out there using HPSIM to monitor HPUX systems? What is your opinion?

To be honest, I do not believe the HPSIM is ready for prime time to watch the HPUX.

Anybody else? What is/are your pros/cons?

2 REPLIES 2
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

Re: What is opinions on using HPSIM to monitor HPUX systems?

Any takers?

David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: What is opinions on using HPSIM to monitor HPUX systems?

The forum audience here tends to skew to the Windows audience, although HP-UX SIM users are popping in here more and more. You might want to pose your question on the HP-UX Administration forum for a wider audience. Downloads of HP SIM for HP-UX have been growing lately and a recent meeting of the HP-UX Ambasaadors (members of the HP technical community who specialize in HP-UX) from around the world indicated that about half of their customers were using it.

HP SIM on HP-UX is a rather mature product, with much of its code based on the previous HP Servicecontrol Manager product. Additionally, many new capabilities for HP-UX are being designed around HP SIM, such as the Global Workload Manager and the manager for the Virtual Server Environment.