Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748219 Members
4676 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Where does SIM keep its web proxy server configuration details?

Lawrance Lee_1
HPE Pro

Where does SIM keep its web proxy server configuration details?

Howdy Forum,

I am trying to upgrade an existing SIM 5.1 server to version 5.2 which comes with the Insight Control Management DVD version 2.30.

When I run the Insight Control Environment Advisor from the DVD, the ICE Advisor gives me an error when it tests the SIM server's Proxy Configuration. It gives me the error message
"Unable to access the Windows Update site. HTTP error code: 502"

From what understand from the ICE Advisor error log, this error is due to the SIM server using a proxy server that cannot connect out to the test site. The test is attempting to connect to "www.msus.windowsupdate.com/msus/v1/aucatalog1.cab" but the existing proxy server doesn't allow it to reach that location.

What I am wanting to find out is - where does SIM store its proxy confiuration? I would like to go into SIM and change the
proxy configuration so that this issue can be resolved.

However, there does not seem to be any place within the SIM interface where I can enter the proxy server details.

I've looked through the user guide and the technical reference guide and the only mention of proxy is the WMI mapper proxy,
which I don't believe is the same thing, or is it?

Thanks in advance,

Lawrance Lee
I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
2 REPLIES 2
Aravindh Rajaram
Honored Contributor

You can find the UI to change the proxy settings at Options -> Vulnerability and Patch Management -> Settings page.
Per J (WSP SE)
Occasional Advisor

I have the same problem, however, I don't have VPM installed so I cant configure the proxy that way.

Anyone have any suggestions?

/Per