Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748209 Members
2725 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Which "wbem providers" should I install?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mr_Sheen
Occasional Contributor

Which "wbem providers" should I install?

server dl120 but i have added a more recent HP storage card for 6G speed. It is to be connected to a SIM server what will monitor it (via wbem only)

The DL120 drivers page gives

2.5.0.0 29 Mar 2010

The HP WBEM drivers page gives

2.8.0.0 April 2011

A google of "HP wbem drivers"  gives me.

9.2.5.0 26 Oct 2012

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=MTX-29734f415a4e47008211c48e5c&mode=5

3 REPLIES 3
SwisspostIT
Valued Contributor
Solution

Hi,

the best way is to use the HP Service Pack for ProLiant and install the newest one with it:

http://www.hp.com/go/spp

Regards,

Mr_Sheen
Occasional Contributor

I am sure this will work.

Unfortunetly like SIM, SUM/SPP is a pain to install and use, I really was hoping not to touch it.

By way of demonstration

1) it was unable to download a file that was not there (solution create an empty file!)

2) it was unable to download a file which was there but thought there was a firewall issue, despite being able to download other files. Still at least it was able to tell me the URL details so I could check ..... no, its HP so lets make it difficult for the user and simply say "unable to  download cp012743.exe from the URL".

3) it insits on installing array manager on every server whether they have an appropriate raid card or not.

4) You have to turn off ACL and open up all ports to the target server

SwisspostIT
Valued Contributor

Well if you don't wanna use the hole HP SUM tool, you can open the "contents.html" located on the SPP and look there, which cp0xxxx.exe is the "WBEM Provider" so you can only run this particular exe file on the server.

The exe files to run are located in the \hp\swpackages folder on the SPP.