Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752599 Members
4745 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Will new HP Service Pack work with Version Control Repository Manager?

SOLVED
Go to solution
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Will new HP Service Pack work with Version Control Repository Manager?

If I download the new HP Service Pack and point my VCRM to that directory, will it pick it up as a valid management pack that VC Agents can target?  Currently, I have to keep seperate support packs for each OS (and 32-bit vs. 64-bit flavor) and then each managed server has to point the specific support pack based on the OS.  But the new Service Pack combines all flavors together - so it would be much easier to manage since all servers could point to one common target.

Nelson

5 REPLIES 5
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

I was able to add the SPP to the existing VCRM with already other PSPs in it, 32 and 64bit...

In the VCRM however I get an error that the SPP is not complete (complains about some scexe files) but as such it all workds fine... In my VCA I can select the SPP as the reference support pack...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Cool - thanks!.

Nelson

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately it does not get picked up by Windows 2003 servers from the VCA configuration screen.  Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 2008 servers see it, but not Windows 2003.  So it kind of defeats my purpose of having one support pack to rule them all...sigh.

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

I noticed also that 2003 is not supported in the SPP... That is why I added besides the SPP a 8.70 PSP aside...

I understood from HP that they grow their testing team a lot for testing all posible versions and upgrades of all components for all ML/DL/BL/SL servers, probably that is why they say that an OS from 8 years ago is less important than the 2 most recent versions of Windows...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Yeah - that's a bummer.  Wish I could rid myself of all the Win2003 servers, but unfortunately I still have hundreds of them floating around.

Thanks again.

Nelson