1752577 Members
4965 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Windows 2003 Servers and Support Packs above 8.7

MikeWachholz
Occasional Advisor

Windows 2003 Servers and Support Packs above 8.7

I have my SIM server set to download all updates for Windows 2003.  However, I only show the Support Pack for 8.70, nothing past that? If I look in Version Control Agent on one of my 2003 servers, it shows newer items, but I can't change the Support Pack version to anything higher than 8.70 because it doesn't show in the list like it does for Windows 2008 servers?

Any thoughts on why we're not seeing the 9.10 version in the Support Pack?

I also looked on HP's web site, and under all their software it only shows Support Pack 8.70? Do we have to make our own past that?

Thanks!
Mike

3 REPLIES 3
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Re: Windows 2003 Servers and Support Packs above 8.7

Hi,

Along HP SIM U should have VCRM Version Control Repository Manager running... That is the repository that holds all PSP's...

I assume U should upload first the newer versions of PSPs (downloaded from HP site) inside the VCRM and then U can deploy them through SIM to all your servers...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
MikeWachholz
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Bart,

That was my assumption too, but I can't find anything newer than 8.70 on HP's web site either???

I did attach a couple pictures:

SIM SS 1.jpg     is what I see when I look at the version control on a 2003 server

SIM SS 2.jpg    is what I see what I go to pick the Support Pack

Thanks!
Mike

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Correct, the PSP 8.70 is the latest PSP bundle that was released for 2003...

That doesn't mean that other individual components got updated... U can see that in the first picture...

I suggest that U update all the individual components via VCA... Have plenty of servers running like that, no issues with it...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !