1753822 Members
8608 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Windows 2008 test trap issue. BL460c

David Orwig
Regular Advisor

Windows 2008 test trap issue. BL460c

I'm having issues with some of my new blades not able to send test traps. All servers were loaded by RDP 3.8 and connect to SIM 5.2 w/ SP1. Some servers will send their traps and some give the age old error "The Management Agents Remote Alerter agent has not finished initializing or is not enabled. The test trap was not sent." Same symptoms with firewall on or off.
Any Ideas on how to troubleshoot while I wait for the release of the soon to be released PSP 8.1 that is supposed to cure many evils. I would like to put my '08 servers into production before '09, but I expect all the HP bells and whistles to work the way they did with W2K3.
4 REPLIES 4
David Orwig
Regular Advisor

More information, the server that this is affecting are the servers that have been joined to tha domain ONLY.
David Orwig
Regular Advisor

MORE information: If I right click on the "HP Management Agents" icon in the control panel and start it with "run as..." the window pops up "Management Agents test trap sent" but no trap is received by the SIM server. I'm going to disable UAC completely and see what happens.
danail denev
Advisor

Try sending a test trap from SMH.

If you want SIM to generate an event when a testtrap is sent the trap and the SIM CMS must be in a same subnet.

You can check this with the Win tool 'snmputil'. In the command line on the CMS server write 'snmputil trap', then send a test trap from the target server. If it is recieved the snmputil will give output.

Kind regards!

Danail
Joel Rubenstein
Honored Contributor

David,

This is a known problem which will be corrected in the 8.10 Insight agents currently scheduled for release in July.