4556 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Windows WBEM subscriptions across forest trusts

Huntsworth IT
Occasional Contributor

Windows WBEM subscriptions across forest trusts

Hi All,

We currently have an issue with our HP SIM installation where we cannot subscribe to WBEM indications outside of the forest in which the HP SIM server resides.

We have two Active Directory forests with a full forest trust between them. The WBEM providers are setup correctly on all servers in both forests and SIM can successfully gather information about all servers via WBEM.

The issue only arises when trying to subscribe to WBEM events. SIM can successfully subscribe to WBEM events on servers in the same forest as the SIM server, but not in the trusted forest - it fails with "insufficient credentials".

The WMI permissions on servers in the SIM forest and trusted forest are both identical.
Auditing WMI on the target server shows the SIM service account is unable to create a new instance of the __Win32Provider even though it has full remote write permissions.

Does anyone have any idea what extra permissions maybe required in the trusted forest for SIM to be able to subscribe to these events. I would be happy to provide any further information if that would help, but am reluctant to use a domain administrator account to perform the subscriptions (though this does work).

Many thanks,

Nick.
3 REPLIES 3
CmanI88I
Occasional Advisor

I have almost the same problem so if you've solved this I would very much like to hear about it. TIA.

pgarr
Frequent Advisor

Having the same issues- multple domains in a forest- able to query login/query but not subscribe to events across domains with trust.

Anyone found a fix?

shocko
Honored Contributor

The account being used for the subscription is an admin on systems in both forests?

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)