HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? about setting Disk Thresholds

Mike Earnheart
Occasional Advisor

? about setting Disk Thresholds

I'm trying to set disk thresholds through system management homepage on each each server.
I'm going through SHM -> operation system -> logical Disks, is this the correct area?
I can see the sliders and I can adjust them, but when I click on save thresholds, it resets them to zero. Am I doing something wrong here?
Is 'Disk Busy Time%' the same as disk capacity, doesn't quite seem right?

Thanks in advance,
Mike
1 REPLY
tmagee
Valued Contributor

Re: ? about setting Disk Thresholds

I'd say if this is the first time setting thresholds on the system, then the threshold reset values will also need set - for some odd reason (to me), these don't show on the homepage file system space used screen.

Set threshold values and threshold reset values using SIM, configure pull down then disk thresholds. This though, sets for all logical volumes in a system and doesn't allow a specific volume to be selected.
The slider triangles should then be set to the values you chose.

Check this thread (among others) for other pointers: -
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1076298

Your method should work ok (if you keep a note of the reset values), but I think the method above will give an error perhaps relating to security certificate but if you can try it and see. Also check you agents version (latest is v7.6).