1752393 Members
6155 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

auto clearing an event on reciept of another event

Richard F Dawson

auto clearing an event on reciept of another event

Hi, Sorry extreme Newbee here....
I am attempting to clear an event in HP SIM 5.3 when a second event is recieved.
The issue that I am having is that I get two SNMP events into SIM from many servers. These two events are :-
1st event "Severity = Warning : Fibre Channel Host Controller Status Change (16028)" and contains a status of "cpqFcaHostCntlrStatus = LoopDegraded".
2nd event "Severity = Warning : Fibre Channel Host Controller Status Change (16028)" and contains a status of "cpqFcaHostCntlrStatus = ok".

The situation that I want to achieve is to have the 1st event outstanding for all servers that are in that state until I get the 2nd event. When I get the second event I want to clear the 1st and second events only for that particular server.

The issue I seem to be hitting is that I am trying to use the automatic event handler and I can't seem to get the granularity required.. As both events are the same only the text state is different and I only want to do it for that individual server... etc... But I don't want to have to specify each server individually as I have a large number already !.

There is already am item posted in Dec 2007 but this isn't helping very much..

Any advice would be appreciated as this example isn't the only one that I may want to implement in the end.