108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

cma.log filling up

SOLVED
Go to solution

cma.log filling up

Hi,

The /var/spool/compaq/cma.log is getting filled up. Please find the error below

netsnmp_assert 1 == _access_interface_init failed if-mib/data_access/interface.c:675 netsnmp_access_interface_entry_overrides()
netsnmp_assert 1 == _access_interface_init failed if-mib/data_access/interface.c:659 netsnmp_access_interface_entry_overrides_get()
netsnmp_assert 1 == _access_interface_init failed if-mib/data_access/interface.c:276 netsnmp_access_interface_entry_create()
netsnmp_assert 1 == _access_interface_init failed if-mib/data_access/interface.c:196 netsnmp_access_interface_index_find()
netsnmp_assert 1 == _access_interface_init failed if-mib/data_access/interface.c:675 netsnmp_access_interface_entry_overrides()
netsnmp_assert 1 == _access_interface_init failed if-mib/data_access/interface.c:659 netsnmp_access_interface_entry_overrides_get()
netsnmp_assert 1 == _access_interface_init failed if-mib/data_access/interface.c:276 netsnmp_access_interface_entry_create()
netsnmp_assert 1 == _access_interface_init failed if-mib/data_access/interface.c:196 netsnmp_access_interface_index_find()

Please let me know what is the issue ?

Also please let me know how to check the PSP version in linux.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: cma.log filling up

rpm -qa |grep -iE ^hp
Denis Dordoigne

Hi,

I have the same issue on a server :

# rpm -qa hp*
hpsmh-2.1.11-197
hpacucli-8.0-14
hpasm-8.0.0-173.rhel5

# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.2 (Tikanga)

Thanks,

--
Denis Dordoigne

Please find the solution below

The log errors you are getting are caused by the cmanicd daemon, the fix for this issue will be in PSP 8.10

Until then the workaround is to stop the daemon:
The best way to do this is:
1)"/opt/compaq/nic/etc/cmanicd stop". To stop the agent.
2)Add the cmanicd to the exclude line in the /opt/compaq/cma.conf file. This will prevent from running after a reboot or service restart.

I have updated about this