Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configure event to SIM Server

Fabrizio Maggioni_2
Super Advisor

configure event to SIM Server

Hi,

I would like to manage HPUX and Windows system from my SIM Server.
I am able to configure snmpd,in way to sent trap;But i am not able to know which events will be sent in case of failure.
How can configure events to sent to SIM Server?
SNMP is the only way to do it?

Thanks.
Fabrizio
4 REPLIES
ramesh_naik_
Esteemed Contributor

Re: configure event to SIM Server

Hi Fabrizio,

Please check the HP SIM user guide in case you haven't seen this:

http://h10018.www1.hp.com:80/wwsolutions/misc/hpsim-helpfiles/hpsim_userGuide.pdf

Page:144

Hope this works!!!!!

Regards,
rmn
Fabrizio Maggioni_2
Super Advisor

Thanks.

It's not really OK.It is not clear how to know all the messages i will receive from my managed nodes.Do you have more details?

Regards,
Fabrizio
ramesh_naik_
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Fabrizio,

If you are looking at the events that is generated by all the managed servers, then check this:
Event-Shared-Events by severity- All Events- Displays the All Events page for all the servers.

They display security events, login and logout events and all other events from all the managed servers.

In case the events are not collected there that refer to the Same document : Event collection and launch (pg:209):
http://h10018.www1.hp.com:80/wwsolutions/misc/hpsim-helpfiles/hpsim_userGuide.pdf

Does this help?

Regards,
rmn
Fabrizio Maggioni_2
Super Advisor

The suggestion you give me is to view messages that i have already received.(as filter)
My focus is to understand wich kind of message i can/will receive in future in case of hardware failures; for example CPU problem, MEMORY problem,DISK problem and wich attribute (severity etc.. ) they will have.

The page on manual, is about Storage SNMP Integration only.

Regards.
Fabrizio