5576 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: cqmghost.exe excessie memory usage

SOLVED
Go to solution
Lori Hartsfield

cqmghost.exe excessie memory usage

We too am experiencing a problem with the cqmghost.exe. This uses quite a bit of memory...not initially but over time....We solve this by rebooting our server. However, we would like to know, what is causing this executable to use so much memory...its over 1g for our server currently. Please advise.. Thanks for any guidance!!!
7 REPLIES 7
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

Can you tell me what version of the agents you are running? It would be a good data point and what Windows you are running, Windows 2000 or Windows 2003?

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
Lori Hartsfield

We are using windows 2000 Advance Server cluster environment. The executable is in the C:\WINNT\System32\CPQMgmt\CqMgHost Directory.
Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

If you go to that subdirectory and right-click cqmghost.exe or somehow get to the "properties", there is a version tab. What version does that say?

-Rich
Lori Hartsfield

The version is 7.0.0.0..Thanks!
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor
Solution

Ok, well I don't know your specific hardware configuration. However, the agent revision history does list at least one memory leak condition that was corrected since the SS7.0 release, which is the one you said you have installed. The current released version is SS7.40 PSP. You might try upgrading the agents or the the PSP to a version later than SS7.20 and see if the memory footprint does not look any better. Don't know if it will actually address the issue you are seeing but it might be worth trying.
-Rich
tixx
Occasional Contributor

This is an old thread but I am having the same problem but my version is 7.50.00. I was wondering if there is a new update out there that would take care of this problem.

I run a ML370 G3 on with Windows 2003 Standard.

Thanks
Tixx
Lawrance Lee_1
HPE Pro

I am seeing this problem as well on Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 x64 with the CQMGHOST.

On a server that is up for 27 days, the number of handles started small from about 200+ to over 108,000 - this can be viewed from the Windows Task Manager.

It seems that the cqmghost file version 7.95 has this problem but version 7.90 does not.

Has anyone got a fix?

Thanks,

Lawrance
I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo