is this possible and if so, how

thanks

HP SIM 5.1
5 REPLIES 5
fred Passeron
HPE Pro

Re: customize the all server list

Hi

The HP SIM UI does not allow adding columns. However, you can create collections that would match the different locations within your company geography.

Each collection would be created using the locationj filter...

click on the system and event cololection panel then customize. Create a new collection and select choose menmbers by attributes.Attributes will systems where location contains "Paris" for instance.

Create as many as collections as you want that would be relevant top your company.

besides you can set properties on these collection so that for instance the status of the collection would also be displayed in the system and event collection panel . To do so : simply select your newly created collection from the list and click on set properties : choose Status Displayed:
Yes, show status in Systems and Events panel.

It will help you see the overall status of each sites, or country...

Hope it helps.

fred
тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Well, actually, my good friend Monsieur Passeron is correct, although there is a way of achieving what you wish.

While you can't add columns to a tabular collection display, any field that is used to create a collection ("Choose members by attribute") then that field will be displayed in the table.

The "All Servers" list is made up a single attribute "where [system type] [is] [Server]." Since the "All Servers" list is a predefined list, you may want to try this out on a new collection definition first, but if you specify:

where [system type] [is] [Server]
and [location] [is not equal to] [abc]

Then the location will be displayed as part of the table. You can further use the [Customize...] link when the table is displayed to change the order in which the columns appear.

The source of the "Location" data is the standard SNMP field.

ronald barefield

OK
thanks
i'll play around a little more with this

i was trying to see what servers are where in the all servers list, based on which ones have not been placed in a collection and the collection based on location..

basically like this tree

all servers
-ATL
--PROD
--ESX
--DR
-RAL
--PROD
--ESX
--DR
-LAX
--PROD
--ESX
--DR
but when i go to all server to see which ones are not in a collection, hard to see.
ronald barefield

the two replies have helped me understand
Udo Hillenbrand
Frequent Advisor

Hello,
I have do this collection, but the location is not displayed...

Best Regards
Hillenbrand