New Discussion юеВ

Re: discovery bladechassis -> change rack = Association removal

SOLVED
Go to solution
SenneVL
Frequent Advisor

discovery bladechassis -> change rack = Association removal

Hi,

We have several racks with muliple c-series blade chassis. The chassis are not 'connected' and thus have dedicated OA's. The OA's have been configured with the correct racknames.

When discovering the chassis in SIM, only the first chassis is identified with the correct rackname. The others are discovered to be in rack "rackname_chassisserial".

I corrected this by removing the chassis from "rackname_chassisserial" rack , deleting that rack and addding the  chassis to the correct rack in  HP SIM.

Multiple tests showed this causes SIM to trigger "Association Removal" upon next identification. When neglicting the warnings, the OA is eventually removed from the chassis.

1) is this desired behaviour?

2) how could I resolve? Of course the OA's are intended to stay linked to the chassis!

2 REPLIES 2
SenneVL
Frequent Advisor

I would like to add I've updated the OA's to the latest version available but this did not resolve the issue...

SenneVL
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Further tests showed the OA is only disassociated from the enclosure if the detected rack (rackname_enclosureserial) is deleted.
Just moving the enclosure to another rack leaves the association intact.

As a workaround, I left the detected racks empty. The Blade enclosures now remain associated with the OA's.