Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exclude ip address of my network

paul73
Advisor

exclude ip address of my network

Hi,
I have installed hp insight manager on my infrastructure (that have only 6 server but in remote location).
In the CMS in each server I have 2 network adapter (one per production and one for backup).
SIM discover ip addresses of production (192.168.x.y) and backup network (10.0.x.y).
It's possible exclude discover for backup network? When I delete the server with ip addresses 10.0.x.y after I find again this objetc...

thank's

Andrew
2 REPLIES
jim goodman
Trusted Contributor

Re: exclude ip address of my network

I will assume the production network is the primary network. The easiest way is to only perform discovery on the desired subnet by ip address or you can go into the Discovery settings and there is a box where you can put the ip range that you want to exclude from discovery.

You will have to delete the existing discoveries and rediscover. That should rectify that.

If you are doing custom bindings and such you may have to rely on setting the primary interface in the server properties.
paul73
Advisor

Re: exclude ip address of my network

Thank's for your reply.
I think also this solution, but I don't know if is correct.
As my servers are always the same (6 server win 2003) and in the future are not expected new servers could I disabled the task "Daily System Identification discovery task" ?
If I disable this task always send me hardware problem (power supply, disk etc.)?

thank's

Andrea