Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753707 Members
5061 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: health status doen't display anymore

health status doen't display anymore

Hello,
I upgrade ESX (new installation) and installed HP Advanced Server Management Package for Vmware
ESX Server 7.8 (hpmgmt-7.8.0-vmware3x). I deleted the system in HP Systems Insight Manager and added the system again. Now I can't see the health status page. When I go to the server management page directly (https://server:2381) it works. Does anybody know what to do about this?

5 REPLIES 5
Yvonne Bueckert
Advisor

Check that all the HP Services are running in services - if not try to start them. Take note of the error message and search for a resolution for that error - it often involves re-installing the agents.

Try running 'hpasm reconfigure' or 'hpasm configure' (w/o the quotes) on the ESX box. it is located in /etc/init.d. This will open up the required firewall ports.

Make sure you set up your SNMP settings correctly. Management station = CMS.

I can go to the server management page directly (https://server:2381), so the esx server and the hpmgmt software/ firewall are working fine. Only when I press "Health Status" in "System Status" on the hp-sim server, the server gives a page with "There is no System Management Home Page for server-esx". Is it possible that the hp-sim server has an old certificate (since the server is reinstalled)?
JGaudreau
Occasional Advisor

I had this error also "There is no System Management Home Page".

What I did is to export the HPSIM certificate and had the same problem after.

In the SMH of the problematic server, I went in Security, IP Binding, and add the network address and subet of the server.

Then I was able to access this SMH from the HPSIM, did an identification on that server and everything was ok.

Jean
Rancher
Honored Contributor

I also have this problem occasionally. What I do is restart the HP System Management Homepage on the server whose status is not showing. After that I run a manual Identify Systems, and this fixes the issue.