HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to install sim in desktop as client

manoj khanna
Occasional Visitor

how to install sim in desktop as client

i am not able to communicate with the desktop through sim. i have enabled the snmp protocol and install the web agents from the server end i am not able to see my desktop. please help me on this
3 REPLIES
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: how to install sim in desktop as client

Sorry, I don't really understand the question.

HPSIM is typically installed on a Server and then configured to Discover devices.

To access HPSIM from you desktop you just browse to it via: https://hpsimserver:50000
Graham Calvert in OZ
Occasional Visitor

I have been able to HP SIM on a WinXp desktop. I only a small amount of HP servers machines, but it can be done.

Could you possibly explain more of what you are trying to do.

The configuration that I have used is:
HP 71000 Desktop
Windows XP SP2
Latest version of HP SIM and HP Web JetAdmin

Graham
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

If I have understood you right you would like to monitor all your desktops through SIM?
Well if you mean this then just installing and configuring SNMP protocol is not enough. Just like in servers you have Insight Management agents you also need an agent for your desktops. You could try and find it through Support & drivers on HP's website for that particular model.
I have been told that HP is moving away from desktop monitoring to focussing more on just servers, like previously seen with Insight Manager software.
The other option is to download teh Altiris Connector for HP SIM.

Also check out this link below
http://www.altiris.com/Products/ConnectorHPSystemsInsightManager.aspx