108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: hp SIM 7.4 VCRM

losgaaner
Occasional Advisor

hp SIM 7.4 VCRM

hello HP and forum.

i am stuck with the following situation:

we did a fresh install of the newest HP SIM 7.4 + VCRM on a virtual machine Win 2008 R2.

we have a old server HP SIM server that we want to replace with the new one.

When i deploy the new homepage/webm/snmp software through the new server with configure or repair agents the software install fine, except that it cant configure the VCA agent.

Configure Version Control Agent (START) ...
Configure Version Control Agent .....................................[SKIPPED] 
Operation is not supported on the system.
Either VCA agent is not installed in target node or Check the credentials you en
tered for the VCA to use to access the VCRM. For security reasons, the VCA canno
t connect to the VCRM using the default 'Administrator' user. For more informati
on, refer to the Version Control Agent documentation.

when i manually on the system homepage enter the new HP SIM server it adds correctly.

i am stuck, is there anyone that can help me?

thank you.

kind regards, 

13 REPLIES 13
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

You could try a replicate of the one server that  you configured. You can copy the config of a lot of settings including the VCA settings. First select the source server, select configure from the menu, choose replicate agent settings and select what you want to replicate. That should be all the VCA settings. This will only work if you have a trust with the servers. A repair can set a trust if you don't already have one.

Kind regards,

Andrew
losgaaner
Occasional Advisor

if i try this then the following error comes:

SMH must be greater than or equal to 1 AND compaq.cimom supported must equal true.

yes there is a older version of SMH on that machine,

any other options?

kind regards,

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

You can update your SMH with SIM without using the VCA. Select your servers go to Deploy > Deply Drivers, Firmware and Agents > Install Software and Firmware. If not already configured select your Repository Click on the plus before the Server text, scroll to your OS, select the plus again. Now selct the Software - System Management and again select the plus, now select the HP Version Control Agent for xxx(your OS version). Here select a version higher or equal to 7.3.x . Now click on next,Clear the Reboot systems if necessary atfer successful install just to be sure and select the Install on systems where VCA is not present. Use the specifies administrator credentials below.

Now click Run Now and your servers should get the 7.3.x VCA and should be able to connect to the SMH of the SIm server which is already of version 7.3.x.

Kind regards,

Andrew
losgaaner
Occasional Advisor

Thank you for your reply,

i tried this and again the system managment homepage software install fine, but i again then have to manually fill in the VCRM server on the homepage. which i dont want to do for about 80 proliant servers.

this is really breaking me up, is there anything that i have maybe forgotten?

please assist.

kind regards,

Jeff

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

There are two ways to fix this, either use SIM to replicate your VCA setting from one source server to multi destinations with the replicate settings option or use the VCRM TO configure the VCA that you will push. The first has it's advantages as you can configure/replicate all VCA settings even baselines. Be sure to replicate these settings to the same OS baselines like 2008 or 2003 baselines.

Kind regards,

Andrew
losgaaner
Occasional Advisor

thank you again for your reply,

it gives an error@: SMH must be greater than or equal to 1 AND  compaq.cimom.supported must equal true when i trie to verify taget systems.

Again this is not working. i am stuck.

but why does it says:

Either VCA agent is not installed in target node or Check the credentials you en
tered for the VCA to use to access the VCRM. For security reasons, the VCA canno
t connect to the VCRM using the default 'Administrator' user. For more informati

even when i deploy it under different credentials then: Administrator is there a local ini file i can adjust or something?

waiting for your reply,

thank you.

losgaaner
Occasional Advisor

Andrew, do i have to give different credentials in the configure components section maybe?

please advice.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

You can use any domain account wich is local admin on the SIM server.  This account csn be used to connect to the VCRM from any VCA  even from other domains.

to run a replicate you need a trust, for repair you need credentials that is local admin on the destination servers.

There is no need to store the credentials in SIM, if you use the credentials for a install the credentials will not be stored. If you set credentials for discovery the credentials get saved. This is not alway what you want. The only credentials for monitoring needs would be SNMP or WBEM and trusts.

Kind regards,

Andrew
losgaaner
Occasional Advisor

Andrew,

thank you for your reply, again even if i added the domain admin account to the local admin group and select to install the agent under those credentials it says:

Waiting for the required components to be located and copied..
Installing  HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server 2003 x64 Editions Pa
ckage ( 10.0.0.0) using component  cp022559.exe.
Installing  HP Insight Management WBEM Providers for Windows Server 2003-2008 x6
4 Edition ( 10.0.0.0) using component  cp022424.exe.
Installing  HP Version Control Agent for Windows ( 7.3.3.0) using component  cp0
23743.exe.
Installing  HP System Management Homepage for Windows ( 7.4.0.12) using componen
t  cp022466.exe.
Install Return Status: [SUCCESS]

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//  HP Smart Update Manager for Node 10.58.245.1 Started: wo dec 17 2014 14:47:3
//  HPSUM Version: 7.1.0."18".25197.x64
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Inventory started
Inventory completed

Analysis started
Analysis completed

Analysis started
Analysis completed

Deployment started

Deploying component: cp022466.exe
Component Filename: cp022466.exe
Component Name: HP System Management Homepage for Windows x64
Version: 7.4.0.12
Deployment Result: Success

Deploying component: cp022424.exe
Component Filename: cp022424.exe
Component Name: HP Insight Management WBEM Providers for Windows Server x64 Edit
ions
Version: 10.0.0.0

Deploying component: cp022559.exe
Component Filename: cp022559.exe
Component Name: HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server x64 Editions
Version: 10.0.0.0

Deploying component: cp023743.exe
Component Filename: cp023743.exe
Component Name: HP Version Control Agent for Windows x64
Version: 7.3.3.0

Deployment completed

Deployed Components:
  Component Filename: cp022466.exe
  Component Name: HP System Management Homepage for Windows x64
  Original Version:
  New Version: 7.4.0.12

Component Filename: cp022424.exe
  Component Name: HP Insight Management WBEM Providers for Windows Server x64 Ed
itions
  Original Version:
  New Version: 10.0.0.0

Component Filename: cp022559.exe
  Component Name: HP Insight Management Agents for Windows Server x64 Editions
  Original Version:
  New Version: 10.0.0.0

Component Filename: cp023743.exe
  Component Name: HP Version Control Agent for Windows x64
  Original Version:
  New Version: 7.3.3.0

//  Exit Code for Node 10.58.245.1: 0
//  HP Smart Update Manager for Node 10.58.245.1 Finished wo dec 17 2014 14:53:1
WINDOWS_HPSUM_INSTALL_NOTE,C:\cpqsystem\hp\log\10.58.245.1
1) hpsum_log.txt for brief summary of the installation activity.
2) hpsum_detail_log.txt for installation details, including errors, for each com
ponent installed.

Install Agent .......................................................[SUCCESS]

Re-identifying system to get updated information ...
Re-identification of system .................................... [SUCCESS]

Unable to create a socket connection on the managed system
Managed system must be listening on socket 5989 (WBEM) or 2381 (System Managemen
t Homepage). If the managed system is running Windows, then ensure System Manage
ment Homepage is running. Otherwise ensure WBEM is accessible.
Subscribe to WBEM / WMI Indications ................................. [FAILED] 

Setting SNMP trap destination .......................................[SUCCESS]
Update SNMP setting to accept SNMP requests from the HP SIM instance.[SUCCESS]

Re-identifying system to get updated information (START) ...
Re-identification of system .................................... [SUCCESS]

can you please assist, is there anything you can see in the log above?

kind regards,