Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752782 Members
5620 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

hp sim dont send me critical report by email !

SOLVED
Go to solution
ashkan
Advisor

Re: hp sim dont send me critical report by email !

hi Rob Buxton ,
thanks your reply, i was doing your Guidance,i have installed hp sim on pc that is ip static 192.168.0.60. so i have enter 192.168.0.60 in destination trap managed server. is 192.168.0.60 correct?192.168.0.60 is hpsim server!
Oops

another issue:
in hp sim server =>open hp system insight manager =>tools=>system information=>system managment home page , but this page shown one of the my servers,why? becuse i want send test trap from this page.

i have cogigured email for hpsim report and only i have received unform report:
Event serverity : critical
Description: The current system is no longer reachable from the central management server, hardware status polling has marked this system as not responding

i am confusing, i need receive report from hp sim when my power supply server is fault or critical happen.

i dont know how this cofig, i am configurring Option=>events=>automatic event handdling=>new task
:1)Select name :ashkan

2)Select event collection : use this event collection # All event

3)Select system collection # use this system collection: All system

4)Select actions # send email

to:ashkan....@
cc:name@
mssege format :standard
encoding:westen european
check marked :Forward as SNMP trap
192.168.0.60(hp sim server)
check marked :Write to system log
check marked :Clear event

5)Select time filter :new New Time Filter(with all time)

6)finish

so how receive critical report from hp sim when power supply on of the my server is fault or etc...?

sorry for bad my english
Regards

ashkan
Advisor

i have another problem, ihave configured data cllection but i have recievd this message from hp sim by email:

Event description: The Data Collection task could not complete due to a timeout or the task was stopped by the user. A timeout indicates problems with the instrumentation (SNMP/WBEM/DMI) on the target machine

how fix it?

with my best regards
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

ashkan,

the reachability of your servers is done by icmp AFAIK so your sim server does seem to be able to ping all of these servers. this will only tell you whether the remote server is down
or network connectivity has been lost.

your problem is with snmp between hp sim and your servers, rob has posted the instructions on enabling snmp on your windows servers.

at a dos prompt if you input netstat -a do you see entries for ports 161 and 162 udp(might show as snmp + snmptrap) on all of your servers and your hp sim server.
in the same output you should also see entries for ports 2301 and 2381 which is the sim agent.
if you don't see these snmp and/or sim agent is not running.

i don't know whether your windows firewall would block snmp traffic, perhaps others would comment on this.

as has been commented earlier a thorough read of the install and setup guide is recommended.

good luck
ashkan
Advisor

hi mark hunt
i do that

on my hp sim server:
UDP support:snmp *:*

Oops i have not ports 2301 and 2381 for agent.

and on my server :

UDP support:snmp *:*
UDP support:snmptrap *:*

How run agent? i see snmp on your start=>cotrolpannel=>admin tools=> services

and i have configured by this link

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447626+1225540517284+28353475&threadId=1263677

and also i install snmp ,wbem by hpsim on your server . and i see hp agent on my cotrol pannel . i send snmp test trap successfully but i can't receve by email!

i dont know how fix it! and turnoff firewall and antivirus on my hpsim server

regards
ashkan
Advisor

hi mark hunt i find 2301 & 2381 by netsat -a on my server:

TCP accsrv:2301 accsrv.paaydar.net:0 LISTENING
TCP accsrv:2381 accsrv.paaydar.net:0 LISTENING

so what am i doing?

thanks

regards
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

ashkan,

if you have an event showing in hp sim from the test trap you sent from one of your servers and you have not received an e-mail then you need to check that the task you originally set up is enabled (there is also a column for last run time what does this say), if so then check the e-mail set up in the task.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

On the server being monitored the IP address or name should be in the Trap Destination.
To test snmp go to Control Panel and run up the HP Management Agents GUI.
Use the SNMP Trap Send, that should trigger a Moajor Event in HPSIM for the server being monitored. Test this and let us know the results.

If you browse to https://monitoredserver:2381 do you get the SMH of the server being monitored?
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

ashkan,

by the way in the task you set up to automatically e-mail you , i notice you have forward snmp trap set to the hp sim server address, hp sim should have already received a trap which generates an event which this task will pick up and do it's actions (i.e e-mail etc) . you would usually use the forward snmp trap to pass on the trap to another piece of management software such as openview/tivoli/help desk etc.
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

ashkan,

in fact that snmp forward to itself could result in a self perpetuating loop , i can't remember how clever hp sim is with regard to event aggregation, so i would remove that in your task.
ashkan
Advisor

hi mark hunt so,what am i doing? plz step by step guide me, i read many topic from hpsim manual. but i dont recognise my problem?
i think that it's might related to snmp .

can anyone help me?

Regards