New Discussion юеВ

hpsim 6 - disabling events and notifications of ilo / management processor

SOLVED
Go to solution
kohuser
Advisor

hpsim 6 - disabling events and notifications of ilo / management processor

Hello,
I have been reading in this forum, that you can disable events and notifications concerning ilo / management processor, but no one explained how to do it :-(.

hpsim is installed on server 2003 and it monitors 150 servers. since we don't use ilo, i don't want to receive notifications that in some servers the management processor's cable is not connected.

If anyone knows how to disable the sim server from showing notifications regarding ilo / management processor and can please guide me how to do it, it would be extremely helpfull! :-)

With thanks,

Itamar
12 REPLIES 12
Rancher
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: hpsim 6 - disabling events and notifications of ilo / management processor

I have not done it on the SIM server itself, but have always disabled this on the servers being monitored. On the server, go to the Control Panel and then HP Management Agents.
Move the Remote Insight Information to the inactive agents. That way SIM won't even monitor the iLO.
kohuser
Advisor

I only had a few problematic server that ILO gave me some trouble... I did as you instructed, worked like a charm :-)

10x,

Itamar
Parky
Occasional Advisor

The other way is to go and manage events.
Set up a new one and get it to work with 'all events' and then set the 'system type' to
'all management processors'
With 2000 + devices I had to do this, as having the iLO port plugged in is not a given

You can also do a similar thing to cut out other things that don't interest you. We cut out some random Blade backplane voltage errors as this is managed by another team,
kohuser
Advisor

Hi Parky,

I tried to do as you instructed, and i did the following:

options=>events=>automatic event handling=>new task

I have set an event collection of all events, and in the system collection i chose all management processors and in the select actions i checked the clear event box.

Is that what you meant me to do? cause it doesn't work :-( i still get health status events under management processors...

can you please elaborate?

With thanks,

Itamar
tsgdavid
Frequent Advisor

If I understand correctly, what you have done is simply create a task to clear the events. This has nothing to do with notification. Similarly, I have a task that clears all non-critical events automatically. I do this by clearing any event that is not Critical or Major or Unknown. As a result, I do not have to clear these events manually.

If you are getting email from HP SIM, you should already have an existing task that is configured to send email. That is the task that you need to modify rather than creating a new task. You will need to modify the Events that are being reported to your email distribution to avoid notification of the events that you do not want to see.

kohuser
Advisor

All i want to do, is to never get any indication that there is something wrong with ilo / management processor. i dont use ilo and i dont want to see health statuses that concern them.

is it possible?

With thnaks,

Itamar
tsgdavid
Frequent Advisor

In your automatic event handling task (the one that sends email notification), you can click on the radio button to "use event attributes that I will specify". Then click "Next". Select "event type" and "is not". Then you can browse the evetn type tree and find and check the events for which you do not want a notification.

If this does not help and no one else has any ideas here, I think it would be worth logging a support call with HP.
kohuser
Advisor

Parky,
Could you please elaborate on the solution you described?
My problem is not that i am getting emails about the ilo / management processors. The problem is that sim is keeping track of the management processor and as far as i am concerned, i am not using it and i dont want to see any kind of indication that something is wrong with it (see attached pic).

I simply want sim to ignore everything that is related to ilo / management processor.

With thanks,

Itamar
tsgdavid
Frequent Advisor

Are you saying that you don't want to receive any notification related to that IP address? If so, what if you click on the system name and go to the "Tools and Links" tab and then click on "Suspen/Resume" monitoring. You can suspend monitoring of this system indefinately.

Dave