Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753877 Members
7264 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

hpsim cannot delete collections

Eth777

hpsim cannot delete collections

I created some collections after searching for a term, then adding them all to a collection. Now those collections cannot be modified or removed. How would I go about deleting these, so I can add a regular collection that is easier to manage?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

Re: hpsim cannot delete collections

hi,

you can still create new collections and modify your event handling tasks to use those instead so it need not stop you until you while you sort out you old collections.

Eth777

Thanks for the quick reply.
I've been thinking of setting some up with different names, it's just frustrating that there is something in there that I can't modify. When I go to customize these collections don't even have a a plus sign next to them.

Rancher
Honored Contributor

I have run into this a couple of times. Make sure you don't have anything linked to the collection (like users and tools) or it won't delete. I have also had to delete all of the items in a collections before I could delete the collection. Another time, I ran into the same issue where there is no plus sign. I found that all of the items in the collection had "disappeared" and I had to recreate it.
Fouadahmed11

Here are the steps to delete a collection at HP SIM

1. Delete all items at the collection

2. At the top right under your login name click  Home hyperlink

3. At home page Click тАЬlists or collectionsтАЭ at Create custom system and event

4. At Customize Collections page select the Collection you want tom delete and click delete button at the right

suedkaliber
Visitor

Thx Fouadahme11, that solved my problem.