1753598 Members
6673 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: hpsim shows empty collections

sdb_2
Regular Advisor

hpsim shows empty collections

Today, our hpsim started showing empty collections when I try to search for a device.

The devices are still in the database, I can access them by clicking on the links that appear underneath the search - field when you start typing in it.

Although, when I try "Identify Systems" for any system, it shows me this message:
The task could not execute. The collection did not return systems, no systems matched the criteria or you may not be authorized on those systems.

Nothing has been changed, last Friday everything worked fine.
Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Mario Maradiaga

Dear SDB,

We are also experiencing the same issue, and for us it's the second time around this year. The only way we could fix it the first time was to reinstall HP SIM. We're running it on a W2K3 Std.

This time, we opened a case with the HP Support call center but have yet to receive any answers from them.

Hope someone comes around to give us an idea what's wrong.
sdb_2
Regular Advisor

Hi,

We ended up also reinstalling HPSIM.
Please let me know when you hear from HP Support about this.

Thanks
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Yes, me too. Last Friday we applied the Hotfix from Sep 09. This morning (Monday) I get a collections empty message.
I know the database is there as I run some reports from it and it's fine.
I did have issues logging onto HP SIM this morning so restarted the HP SIM Service. The mxdomainmgr process was running but seemed to be doing a lot of work and there were java errors.
There are no obvious errors in the log file, and we haven't changed any passwords that would impact this.
Rebooted the server, tried removing Hotfixx-008 which was part of the latest update. Time to log a call.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Just resolved ours, it was the fact SQL Server Express had exceeded its 4GB limit and couldn't expand.
Mario Maradiaga

Yep, found out the same on the weekend. The SQL Express limit. What I haven't found is the way to free space up in the database. I tried some mxoconfigrepo command parameters that thought might help but nothing.

Do you know if that instance of SQL Express installed can be manages with something like the Enterprise Manager from the full-fledged SQL Server?

For know we opted for reinstalling SIM but we will limit the range of our client discovery so as to not fill up the database that fast.