1748060 Members
5553 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: initialpspinstall - hp sim credentials

Greg Beifuss
Advisor

initialpspinstall - hp sim credentials

When I run mxnodesecurity -l, I see the following: (truncated)

C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\bin>mxnodesecurity -l

Listing all system credentials...

NODENAME PROTOCOL USERNAME PASSWORD TRYOTHER
S
1238071540060 initialpspinstall gbadmin ******** Yes
1238085643847 initialpspinstall gbadmin ******** Yes
agriweb1 sign-in CORP\hpsimservice ******** Yes
tsgvs02 sign-in CORP\hpsimservice ******** Yes

I have no idea how I can clear out the initialpspinstall protocol entries. Running the remove command results in an error about initialpspinstall being an invalid protocol:
C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\bin>mxnodesecurity -r -p initialpspi
nstall
ERROR - Could not remove global credential
ERROR - Specified protocol is invalid

I've tried using the -x fd switch as well to no avail. Is there any way to clear out these cached credentials?
3 REPLIES 3
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure that you can clear the credentials for the account HP SIM was installed under. Is that what you're trying to do?
Various services etc. are stated using this account so removing it may break SIM.
Greg Beifuss
Advisor

Some process/task in our pilot HP SIM environment is locking out the account gbadmin after a password change was done. These initialpspinstall cached credentials are the only traces I can find of the account in SIM - the windows services run under different credentials according to the services.msc.
Additional initialpspinstall entries are added to this list whenever I choose to remotely install a PSP, so I was hoping to clear out the list without redoing my SIM install.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Check in the Global Credentials section (under Options->Protocol settings. You may have some old credentials there.
HPSIM would use those for some tasks and might be getting the account locked.