4514 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

invalid PSPs

Riks_2
Frequent Advisor

invalid PSPs

Hi, I wonder if somebody can help.
I deleted some items from repository, and because these items were part of PSPs, the PSPs are now stated as "invalid".

Is there any way to make the PSPs being valid but remained those items excluded from the repository?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards
5 REPLIES 5
Neysters, Lutz
Frequent Advisor

Re: invalid PSPs

The first question would be, why do you want to delete these items?
If you want to have most of a PSP as "Reference Support Pack", you have to "create a custom software baseline" in your Version Control Repository Manager (VCRM), choose the PSP, uncheck what you don't want to use and that's it.
I use PSP 7.80 with the agents and SMH of PSP 7.90 as reference at the moment, e.g.

But I must state those are right who tell you you should be very careful to leave out parts of a PSP, because some of the software depends on each other.
Riks_2
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for your reply.

I want to remove any drivers for HP StorageWorks Fibre Channel Adapter Kit because we don't want to have potential configuration conflict issues. We configure EMS Emmulex drivers and configures seperately, I would like to stay away from any of the HP storage works drivers....

When I create custom baseline, I can choose PSP and other components, but not to exclude.... I guess...

Is there any way to make PSPs being valid after the deletiong of the items?!?

Thanks!!!

Regards
Riks
Neysters, Lutz
Frequent Advisor

I don't know anything specific about your drivers.

- When I create custom baseline, I can
- choose PSP and other components, but not
- to exclude.... I guess...

Don't guess, just try it with another PSP. It took me just 30 seconds to verify ;)

- Is there any way to make PSPs being valid
- after the deletion of the items?!?

As HP seems to see a PSP as a bundle belonging together I don't suppose they will regard a stripped PSP as "valid".
But there is no danger for you, because there is no automatic update mechanism in HP Version Control and surely everyone working with it knows what he does ;)

I suppose you should try and upload the PSP again.

Cheers
Lutz
Richard Drouin
Advisor

We have the same scenario with the HBA drivers.

You could always try to modify the xml and cmd files for the PSP's (bpxxxx.xml) and remove references to the storageworks drivers, I have done this for offline deployments using cd and it works, haven't tried modifying for the repository.

For the repository, the easiest way is to create a custom baseline, first name it then select a reference baseline, ex: 7.90, then drilldown the list and uncheck the the packages you don't want to deploy and save.
You then have to rescan or rebuild your repository so that you can use your custom baseline for deployment or as a reference for your systems.

I have just configured a custom pack for mass deployment without HBA or NIC drivers to avoid any downtime on the systems and it worked fine.

Godd luck.
Riks_2
Frequent Advisor

Lutz/Richard

Thanks for your replies!!
I will create a custom baseline to exlude those drivers!!!

Regards
Riks