Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753907 Members
8643 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

issues configuring agent/deploying software.

JoeT_1
Occasional Advisor

issues configuring agent/deploying software.

I am having some major issues with HP SIM. I currently have HP Systems Insight Manager 5.0 with SP5.

Issue: Today when i wanted to deploy the proliant service pack to a computer i ran into some error.

The precise error is: "The name "server name" does not represent a node in this system."

I attempted to replcate the agent settings and i get the same error. Also if i try to configure the agent, the same error comes in.

Any help would be welcomed.
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: issues configuring agent/deploying software.

Is that server showing up okay in HPSIM?

Another way to deploy a PSP is to run the setup.exe that's included. This runs the Remote Deployment Utility. You can either run this from the HPSIM Server and point it to the target, or from the target, map a drive to the where the PSP is and then run it to localhost.

This utility can also be used to configure the components.
JoeT_1
Occasional Advisor

my question is still why is this happening. Is there some file that is corrupt or some setting that might have been changed for this to have occurred?
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hey Joe,
something wrong with the community string perhaps !!?!!

Select Set read community string to specify a community string. By default, HP Systems
Insight Manager's first community string, that is not public, appears in the field. If no community string exists in HP Systems Insight Manager, then you must enter one.
Note: If this option is selected, the Read Only community string is added to the target systems.
If the target system is SuSE Linux or Microsoft Windows 2003, the managed nodes do not always enable SNMP communication between themselves and a remote host. This setting is
modified to enable the instance of the HP SIM system to communicate using SNMP with these
target systems. You can enter a community string up to 255 characters. Repairing the SNMP settings adds a Read Write community string to the target system only if one does not currently exist. This community string is unique for each system, is composed of over 30 characters to include letters and numbers, and is only visible to the user with
administrator privileges for that system. This Read Write community string is required by the Web Agent to perform certain threshold setting capabilities. This community string is only used locally on the target system and is not used by HP Systems Insight Manager over the network. Linux and HP-UX systems do not need a Read Write community string, hence the Read Write community is added on Windows systems only.

Cheers !
James.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

OK my question is still - is this server showing up in HPSIM okay? - e.g. model, OS etc.
What kind of server is it?