108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

latest PSP 8.25, could not add repositories error

SOLVED
Go to solution
rossb2
Frequent Advisor

latest PSP 8.25, could not add repositories error

I am attempting to run the latest proliant support pack 8.25 on a bl20p G4 Windows 2003. I double click hpsum.exe after extraction. A "could not add the following requested repositories" error is given.

The same support pack has beeb installed okay on another C class blade. For whatever reason I cannot run the PSP on the bl20p. Does anyone know why?
6 REPLIES 6
Michael Garner_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: latest PSP 8.25, could not add repositories error

The most common cause of this type of failure is you are using a directory with a space in the path. If you can zip up the %TEMP%\hp_sum directory, remove all the .exe files to reduce the size, and attach it to this, I'll take a look at why the failure is occurring.

Regards,
Michael Garner
HP HPSUM/PSP/Firmware CD Architect
Matt_253
Occasional Advisor

Im having very similar issues with the PSP 8.20a on BL20P G4s.
BL25P's work fine

rossb2
Frequent Advisor

I have identified the problem to be caused by a corrupt local profile. In fact, there is no visible local profile. I created a new local admin user, and was able to install the PSP okay. I noticed this when I started checking environment variables.
rossb2
Frequent Advisor

Morn├й

This happened for me on PSP8.60 on a Windows 2008 x64 server. Logging on as the local admin instead of my domain account installed fine.
BDay
Frequent Advisor

I now this is an old thread, but I just wanted to let everyone know I hit this with 8.30 on a Windows Server 2008 SP2 server. There were no spaces in the %temp%\hp_sum path, but it appears the ACL on the folder was corrupt as the program couldn't read from the directory and I couldn't do anything to the directory even though I was a member of the group that had full control to teh folder.

Since I couldn't delete hp_sum for some reason I had to....

1. Turn off inheritence and choose to "remove" existing ACL

2. Take ownership of the folder

3. Turn on inheritence

4. Then I was able to delete hp_sum and run the program successfully.