Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

login into the home page.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Glenn Barnes
Advisor

login into the home page.

I have various servers in different sites all setup by different people with different passwords. Is there away of setting all of the servers with the same password for say the administrator account. If not, and the change has to be made on every server how do you do this?
2 REPLIES
Ed Cox
Respected Contributor
Solution

Re: login into the home page.

Hi Glenn,
I'm assuming that since you have indicated "different passwords" that your Insight Agents are still pre-7.20.
If that's the case, then under SIM you can go to your Configure menu, then choose Configure or Repair Agents.
Once there it will ask you to specify your target systems. Choose the various servers for which you don't know the password, thenprovide the Windows credentials, and you will then be presented with a list of check boxes. Sounds like the only one you will need will be to:
"Set administrator password for Insight Management Agents version 7.1 or earlier"

Set your new password in that area and run the job. You can also choose to establish your Trust (by certificate) with those targets at this time if you choose.
Good luck,
Ed Cox
Glenn Barnes
Advisor

Re: login into the home page.

Cheers Ed,

It's a mixture of old and new agents. I'll run the repair job you suggested to configure the old agents cheers for that. I am currently going into the all the new agents Hompages and changing the "settings" > "security" > "user groups" to use an AD login account. Hopefully one day the old agents will be updated.