7037 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: loosing connections to Repository & more

David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Frank:

The "baseline" or "Reference Support Pack" is what the comparison is made with. If you have taken a newer driver (like the NIC ones you mention) than what is referred to in the Support Pack, you won't get a match. You will need to build a "Custom Support Pack" using the VCRM so that you can include the newer NIC drivers.
Frank Bosma
Advisor

OK, thats a good advise... I will try that.. but what I don't understand is what it says.. It looks to my machine and sees version 7.0.40.0 (in red).. Than it looks in the SP (7) and sees 6.6.8.6).. thant looks in the last collum to the "latets version (comes from the webupdate) and sees 7.0.40.0.. So somewhere it sees the right version and lates version, but still it's red..
In CIM7 SP2 it was green when a later version was installed..??
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Out of interest what is the version of the VCRM?
2.0.1.30 is the latest.

I don't think the version of IM has anything to do with this if I understand you correctly.
When you browse directly to https://server:2381/vcagent you see the displayed page of software. What colour is the overall status?
Then, I gather from your post you see the three columns listed.
Installed Version | Support Pack Version | Latest Version.
Now I notice that you say the NIC Version from the softpaq is:6.6.8.6
What version id the OS on the Server showing the problem.
If it's W2003, I wonder if this is related to an issue I've not receieved any responses for, namely a W2003 Server with an NC7781 doesn't have an entry in the VCA at all for its NIC Driver.
Frank Bosma
Advisor

I'm not sure what the version is of the VCM.. the page says 2.0 (it can be 2.0.1.3.. I downloaded the latets version from HP).
The overall status of all machines is RED! Do that's the right conclusion from the VCM point of view and also SIM.
Software is Windows2003 (Enterprise).. running on all machines.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Frank,
Have you set a Reference Pack?
It's set on the VC Agent, it's the next page once you've entered the password credentials.

This will set the reference as the latest softpaq but will not include additional or later material you downloaded into the VCRM.

This may not be what you want.

But, I think there are some problems between the VCA / VCRM, W2003 and NIC Drivers, as I mentioned I've a different issue regarding W2003 Servers and NIC Agents.
Frank Bosma
Advisor

Yes, I set the reference pack (SP7).. that;s why 3 collums appear in the VC Agent... still don't know..
Do you anything about the other problem (never keeps the VC info, always placed in VC NOT CONFIGURED? While VC is configured?)

regards,
F
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Frank,
Of course you'd set it, sorry, it's still too early in the morning here, or the caffeine hasn't kicked in.

No, I've not seen the VC lose details except when a new softpaq is installed which overwrites all of the configuration settings.
The way around that is to ensure all of the components are configured before pushing it out to the Client Servers, or ensure the components are set to not overwrite details.

Here's hoping HP will pick up on the W2003 NIC reporting issues.
Frank Bosma
Advisor

OK thanks.. here it's late in th evening.. :-)

I'll wait on HP to see or anything new wil lcome around.. in the meantime I'll contact HP in Holland too (have a real good relationship around here with some guys..) But this is my home network (4x P1850R, 2 are clustered with RA4000, 1 is webserver and 1 is DC), on the otherend some friends are connected with similar equipment... All are working in IT business that's why we all choose Compaq/HP.. We always managed it with CIM5.5.. that has never ever lost any connection to the remote servers.. CIM7 didn't and now I have a lot of problems... on the otherhand, SIM looks great :-)
Chris Hammond_6
Occasional Advisor

Did you click the button just beneath the selected reference support pack?

When checked, software status is based on installed software's version matching exactly that software's version in the Reference Support Pack.

If so, when you update to a newer version than the support pack has, it will show other than green.

BTW, I also have the issue with systems being fine with a green check under software and the next day a question mark and it also states that the VC Agent is not configured. If anything has helped that you haven't put in this thread let me know.
Frank Bosma
Advisor

Hi Chris,

that's exactly one of my problems.. It's always loosing the connection AND it's red because of the "new" driver. I do not want to change my Repository chack everytime a new driver comes around.. that wasn't necesarry with 5.5 or 7?

regards,
Frank