Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mark things as repaired and insight manager doesn't get the alert

mark q
Regular Advisor

mark things as repaired and insight manager doesn't get the alert

Hi,

I have allot of servers here (around 1200) and snmp is enabled snmp traps are disabled on the windows side.

When I get a piece of equipement repaired I have to do a status polling all of the time to get insight manager to acknologe these events.

Am I missing something? should snnmp trabs service be enabled and I do have sets enabled on the configuration.

There are no docs on the hp site that have what windows services need to be enabled from what I've seen.

Any help would be appreciated.
3 REPLIES
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: mark things as repaired and insight manager doesn't get the alert

The agents use snmp to send traps when they detect an issue.
You need to set up a trap destination.

Polling is when HPSIM goes out and checks the status of servers. They're two different mechanisms.

Sets are used when you want to use HPSIM to set thresholds on the agents etc.
mark q
Regular Advisor

I am getting the traps that there is a problem, but I am not getting any kind of alert back from the servers when it's repaired or back online.

Either insight manager is getting the traps and not setting the problem as being repaired or it isn't getting the trap when errors are acknowledged.

I wish there was a log to check on both ends so that I could track down which one is the problem.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

On a server where you've seen an issue check the Events for that server. Some events are Informational, so they're not quite as visible.

The Agent itself should recognise that the item has been repaired and it should then change colour (browse directly to the SMH). The polling task will then see the agent is reporting a different status and then flag that in HPSIM. But a polling task does need to run. By default they run every 5 minutes for Servers and 10 minutes for non-servers.

You can also select whether the System Outage Critical Event is cleared when the server is back on line.