1753500 Members
4196 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: monitoring non-HP clients

Harlis Battiste
Occasional Contributor

monitoring non-HP clients

I have some adopted IBM and Dell servers that we would like to add to our SIM monitoring (sim 5 sp2).
What capability is there to do this?
are there additional agents that can be added to the non-hp clients?
6 REPLIES 6
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

HP SIM expects that you use the IBM Director agent and the Dell IT Server Administrator respectively on the systems. Configure SNMP to send alerts to HP SIM. Additionally, configure WMI credentials for HP SIM and it will be able to gather inventory information from them.
Harlis Battiste
Occasional Contributor

Niether of these items are in play (Dell or IBM management)

Can I still set snmp to send traps to SIM console?
OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

You can set up and configure SNMP but you won't receive any events that concern Dell or Ibm hardware failures. Only the basic SNMP events will be logged (cold start, link up ..) If you want to receive Dell or Ibm events, you must install the agents on the servers and compile the MIBs.
jptr
Occasional Advisor

In short, whatever traps you can send out of those servers (through vendor agents or some sort of third party tools) can be displayed in SIM, provided you compile the right mibs (to decode those traps)
Clemens Maes

Does anyone knows how to setup IBM Director Agent 5.10 in Linux so I can monitor IBM hardware in HPSIM. This must be possible. I have used this document: l net-snmp 5.2.1. Which mibs are needed for HPSIM?
Clemens Maes