HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mxdomainmgr.exe using an unreasonable amount of RAM

mbrownnyc
Advisor

mxdomainmgr.exe using an unreasonable amount of RAM

Hello,

I just installed Systems Insight Manager on a server.

This server is "managing" only three proliant servers.

The instance of mxdomainmgr.exe is using over 250MB of RAM, which is an unacceptably high amount of RAM.

Referring to another post, I verified the SNMP community settings; however, I still am having the issue.

A moderator deleted my last post, however I do not know on what grounds. Please do not delete this post.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt Brown
4 REPLIES
Robert Brooks_1
Honored Contributor

Re: mxdomainmgr.exe using an unreasonable amount of RAM

I'm not sure what you would term an "acceptable amount of RAM".

HP SIM uses a lot of memory, independent of how many managed nodes there are. It's a big, complex piece of software.

Other than idle curiosity about memory consumption, are you having some specific issue with memory usage on your CMS?

-- Rob
mbrownnyc
Advisor

The cost of RAM usage versus the benefit of simply having the web interface up, is not worth it. Note that the processes that actually do the monitoring, reporting, and notification are up and aren't eating all my RAMz.

So, you're basically stating that mxdomainmgr.exe will eat a lot of RAM, and that's the way it is?

Thanks,

Matt
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

mxdomainmgr is the main HP SIM process. It runs regardless of whether a web client is connected to it.
mbrownnyc
Advisor

I've killed the process and stopped the service.

However, I'm still receiving alerts for the servers, I just can't log in to the web interface.