New Discussion

mxdomainmgr high memory but few monitored servers

SOLVED
Go to solution
Guillaule
Frequent Advisor

mxdomainmgr high memory but few monitored servers

Hi

I've search on previous post about the mxdomainmgr process high usage but with no really answer.
I 've uncheck "Send authentication trap" on SNMP service Security settings (on CMS) but same resul : http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-HP-Systems-Insight-Manager/memory-leak-in-mxdomainmgr/td-p/3855017#.Ul_iwPm9lsU

> Mxdomainmgr process grow in a few second to 2.8Go of memory (Virtual machine with 4Go memory and just 25 discoverd servers, local BDD, HP SIM 7.2 freshly install)

Thanks for your answer

Regards

19 REPLIES 19
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: mxdomainmgr high memory but few monitored servers

Hello again Guillaule,

Could it be that you have a lot of events? Sometimes sim gets overwelmd with events like autentication errors or 11020 events.

Check your events from the leftsite of the Sim bar and choose all events.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Kind regards,

Andrew
Guillaule
Frequent Advisor

Hi

i've only 1000 event and nothing about autentication or SIM internal error, just discovered system, link up, Health status, System is reachable events ....

Regards

Guillaule
Frequent Advisor

Hi

No new server and mxdomainmgr grow to 3Go of mémory ... !

Any ideas please ??

regards

Guillaule
Frequent Advisor

Hi 

Memory at  3.3Gb  with just 25 physical server and if i add memory (Virtual server on HyperV) the process grow as well ....

If someone have an idea ?

Regards

David Orwig
Regular Advisor

Check to make sure your traps processing is OK (no trap storm or stuck traps) by checking the number of xml files in the "C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\traps" directory. There sould not be more that 1-2 thousand (and actually only a few hundred).

My CMS server was doing the same thing exaclty as yours (Hyper-V, adding more ram, etc) and I had over 1.3 million xml files in that directory.

If they are there, delete them. They may be hard to delete  (or even view) if there are many. I had to stop SIM service, name the traps directory traps.old and create a new traps directory then restart the service.

Guillaule
Frequent Advisor

hi

thanks for your reply but i've only 827 items in \traps

Regards

Guillaule
Frequent Advisor

but now 1480 items .... it change a lot

David Orwig
Regular Advisor

So, that may not be the cause, but you may want to examin a few of those traps and see what they are. You'll need to understand the syntax of the trap, for example 1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.1.3.1.2 is a reference to a microsoft operating system, 1.3.6.1.6.3.1.1.5.5 is an authenication failure trap.

If you don't have many servers monitored in SIM but are processing many traps, it could cause a burden on your system.

Our hardware used to only point to SIM for traps, then we added solarwinds and had two polling servers, but only one was listed in the SNMP security tab "Accept SNMP packets from these hosts", the other polling server was causing the  "authenticationFailure" trap storm.

Guillaule
Frequent Advisor

Hi

this morning i have 3.200 items

I've searched in the content of the files but none return 1.3.6.1.6.3.1.1.5.5 

Regards