Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748073 Members
5357 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: mxdomainmgr logs huge

Michael Harszlak

mxdomainmgr logs huge

Something is awry with my 5.3 install - mxdomainmgr runs upwards of >1gb of RAM - my mxdomainmgr log files are taking up nearly 50gb - I stopped SIM, and started it up again, watched the zero log file (mxdomainmgr.0.log)it progressed in size slowly until about 2 or 3 minutes in (10:48)- then it started blooming exponentially ...
it looks like some kind of connection error - there's jboss errors galore, and some sql connection errors - I'm attaching this truncated sample of the log - if anyone can help point me in the right direction to search for a solution - I'm thoroughly grateful!!
4 REPLIES 4
Michael Harszlak

Bueller? ..... Bueller?
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Let's hope that SIM 5.3 update 1 will fix those issues too...

My mxdomainmgr takes 1,6GB ram and eats lots of cpu. mxdomainmrg logs are filled with all kind of WARN and INFO messages
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Michael Harszlak

OK - Fixed it - quick synopsis for anyone else that may encounter this issue in the future:
1.) Background: We installed SIM locally with SQL2005 Express - then moved the database to our SQL server - modified the database.props, and database.admin files to point to the new server, and port number. (The reason we installed locally, was that the install didn't accept a custom SQL port - HP please fix this.)
2.) FIX: I haven't found any documentation on moving the database that tells you that you also need to modify the following file:
pmp-ds.xml (in \jboss\server\hpsim\deploy)
-and-
there may be another file with a name like "tmpXXXXXpmp-ds.xml" in the folder \jboss\server\hpsim\tmp\deploy\ that you also should update.
3.) After that restarted SIM and watched as the mxdomainmgr.1.log file stopped growing after a couple minutes.
MrMike_2
Advisor

We are now on 5.3 SP1 and still eating up 1.05 GB or Memory but the logs are fine.

Where abouts should the Memory footprint be?

Also, a we are now getting the Virtual Partition Configuration warning events for certain machines when an identify is run.

And our ESX boxes are now not showing the ESX version in the OS Name column.