5800 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: mxinventory.exe is getting crazy!

Pagnotta
Frequent Advisor

mxinventory.exe is getting crazy!

Dear All,

Since we are several person accessing our Insight Manager server I see a lot of mxinventory.exe processes in my Task manager.
This behavior uses a lot of memory and when no more memroy can be used, the system needs to be rebooted to be able to work again with Insight. Is there a patch for that problem ? Is it something documented ?

By the way,
Insight Manager is installed on windows 2003 with MSDE.

Best Regards
Angelo
3 REPLIES 3
Pagnotta
Frequent Advisor

Hello,

I don't understand the "question moved" next to my question... dos this mean I have to discuss the thing elsewhere ?

Regards

Angelo
Simon Walker_3

Has this question been answered? I came in this morning to find my server swamped with instances of mxinventory.exe. What causes this and how do I prevent it happening in the future?

Simon
Arch Stockton
Occasional Contributor

I was experiencing the same problem and I ended up following the steps below and it now works!

I ended up calling HP regarding the problem. Apparently when installing HP Systems Insight Manager, a user is not prompted to install the "Network Monitor Tools", "Simple Network Management Protocol", "WMI SNMP Provider", "WMI Windows Installer Provider" components within the "Management and Monitoring Tools" components in "Add/Remove Programs". After doing this, I configured the SNMP community strings for the "SNMP service" for our network. After doing this, I rebooted the server and HP Systems Insight Manager.