1753797 Members
8822 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

mxnode issue

Gene Nordahl
Valued Contributor

mxnode issue

I posted this in the regular SIM forum, but thought I might have better luck here.

As part of our disaster recovery I have a script to export out all systems in SIM into an xml file every night using the "mxnode -lf > systems.xml" command and copy that file to our DR SIM server. This seems to be working fine.

When I go to populate the DR SIM server using that XML file ("mxnode -a -f systems.xml") I get the following error:
"While processing an XML file, the following error occurred:
java.lang.String"

or occationally just:
While processing an XML file, the following error occurred:

Now this worked when I upgraded from 5.0 to 5.1 using the xml output from the 5.0 system, and during previous (pre 5.1) DR tests, but it doesn't seem to work with the xml output from a 5.1 system.

Anybody else seeing this?? Any ideas before I open up a case with HP??

Thanks
Gene
1 REPLY 1
Gene Nordahl
Valued Contributor

Re: mxnode issue

I've figured out what was happening but not why.

When you are running SIM on 2003 x64 you get 2 extra attributes per device exported out into the XML using the mxnode command.

NORMAL
NORMAL

With possibly a different status (MINOR, Etc) depening on the device. These two attributes are not generated when running SIM on a x86 OS.

Delete them from every device in the XML and the device load using mxnode works fine again.

I've added a find and replace to my export script to automatically remove those lines from the XML after it is created, so I have a workaround, but I'm still curious why these lines are generated when running SIM on a x64 OS.

Gene