Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748019 Members
4732 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: not showing events for some traps

RAS_4

not showing events for some traps

I can see with snmputil that a test trap from an hp server is received by the sim server. My problem is the test trap doesnt show up as an event in SIM. I do have other events working correctly. I have verified the community string. The server sending the trap is using the 7.2 csp. My SIM server is 5.0 SP2.
The main problem is I had a system problem recently wiht this server. The server did not forward any traps about the problem to sim. The local system mgmt homepage does show the hardware problem.

Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
Paul Kratz
Frequent Advisor

Take care that the server, sending the Trap, is discovered by SIM and go to "Options - Events- Event Filter settings" and enable "Accept unregistered events"
After that you should see each Trap arriving from your server.
RAS_4

Thanks for the reply. I set the accept unregistered events setting. I am still not getting an event in the SIM console when I send a test trap from the server. I tested sending a test trap from other servers and I dont get an event in sim either. I thought I remembered in older versions of sim that you would see an event of the test trap in the sim events log.

Steve Kadish
Trusted Contributor

RAS,

You might want to catch the trap with a sniffer and look at it. We have a problem with Arcserve, where one specific trap it sends out is malformed. It makes it to the SIM server but then gets ignored. (CA tech support is pretty clueless as to why.)

Good luck,
- Steve
Radoslav_1
Occasional Advisor

Hy RAS,

i have the same problem as you.

I don't get Test Traps into my SIM and search for solution.

Greetings

Radoslav Jordan
RAS_4

Well my highly technical solution to this was to reboot the server where hpsim was installed. All of a sudden the test traps and all the other cim traps started showing up in the hp sim event log. then the emails starting going out...