Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753873 Members
7768 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

"Initial PSP install 7.40a" Server drops off of the network.

Stuart Garland
Advisor

"Initial PSP install 7.40a" Server drops off of the network.

I have installed Insight Manager onto the CMS and have 'manually' discovered just one of our Proliant servers.
Following the install instructions I then try to do the 'initial PSP install' to the newly discovered server.
It all appears to be working o.k. for about 40 minutes, then the server reboots itself, even though I have unchecked the reboot option. When the server comes back up, the Netlogon service has failed to start and I can only logon locally.
On looking at the properties of the network card, I find it to be disabled, and I am unable to restart it.
Has anyone experienced this issue, or have any advice please?

Cheers

Stuart
2 REPLIES 2
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

Re: "Initial PSP install 7.40a" Server drops off of the network.

Stuart,
I have seen same issue during PSP installations and only way I found is to uninstall NIC, restart server ,NIC will be installed automatically and you will define TCP/IP properties
Stuart Garland
Advisor

Re: "Initial PSP install 7.40a" Server drops off of the network.

Igor,

Thanks for the reply. I have just done this and the server is back in production.
My worry is that the process of installing the initial PSP has not completed correctly.
We are running GSX server on this server. Is it a possibility that this may be having an impact?

Cheers

Stuart