Alfredo Soares
Frequent Advisor

"Initial Proliant Support Pack Install..." Error

Hi All,

Most of the time i try running "Initial Proliant Support Pack Install..." i get

HP Remote Deployment Console Utility
-----------------------------------------------

Initializing...

Unable to connect to the target computer. All available connection methods were attempted with no success.

A possible reason is that the operating system of the target computer is not supported. Either the username is unknown, or a bad password was provided.

Unknown Initialization Error!
-------------------------------------------

I have read thread
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=795113, but my password doesn't have any special characters.
My server is HP SIM 4.2 SP2, on Windows 2003 Std withOUT SP1, and it is a Domain Stand Alone server. I'm using a domains admin user to try to install PSP using "Initial..." to the server that are also Stand Alone domain members. My SIM server was installed using a local administrator account user other than administrator.

Can the problem be something else than Rob talked about in the thread i mention above (Windows will complain with "Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed)?

Thanks

Alfredo Soares
3 REPLIES 3
Aravindh Rajaram
Honored Contributor

Re: "Initial Proliant Support Pack Install..." Error

you have said "My SIM server was installed using a local administrator account user other than administrator.". So, have you configued the SSH properly on the CMS?
Alfredo Soares
Frequent Advisor

Hi AMicSys,

Yes.Its runnig allright.
I can use "Command line tools" on the CMS.
I think this error only occurs when i schedule, the "Initial PSP Install...".If i do "Run Now" it runs ok.
Didn'y you ever come across this problem?

Thanks

Alfredo
Jonas Back_2
Super Advisor

I have the same problem - did you solve this problem?